Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Praising God, Regardless

I have realized over the last week that there are some serious hurts going on in this world right now. I know that seems obvious, but 2 of our 5 closest couple friends are in serious crisis right now, and my heart it so burdened for them.
I learned a new song (Long Live the King) at the Concert of Praise last week that I just keep singing in my head. It really sums up how I have been feeling and thoughts I have been having the last few days. And so I know that we can continue to walk through life, praising God, regardless of our circumstance. Because He is unchanging, no matter what is going on around us.


Long Live the King
My heart keeps beating even though I can’t control it.
My lungs keep breathing I admit I don’t know how.
Bring the flood or bring the fire in this lifetime
I’m ready for the altar or the plough
There are always days when I don’t feel like singing
There are always days when I don’t care at all
But I know the King of All Creation reigns completely
Over every moment great and small
Long live the One who gives us life and peace and hope for tomorrow
You’ve given everything we needed from the palm of Your hand
I’ll give my everything to the One Who pledged to cancel my sorrow
All I have is Yours- Long Live the King
Humbly we approach Your throne of Mercy
Aware that we’re unworthy of Your Grace
You have offered pardon and forgiveness
Grievances are gone without a trace
You restore our lives even though we don’t deserve it
And You’ve given us a love that’s not our own
You assemble all our broken, shattered pieces:
More beautiful than I had ever known
Long live the One who gives us life and peace and hope for tomorrow
You've given everything we needed from the palm of Your hand
I'll give my everything to the One who pledged to cancel my sorrow
All I have is Yours- Long live the King


I keep watching these videos from the Concert of Praise rehearsals. Seeing the kids dance and feeling how in love with them I am- and then realizing that God loves each of us even more than that- brings a smile back to my heart.




2 comments:

McCullough Family said...

So, so true! I've also been thinking a lot about this these past few weeks....that no matter how I feel or what awful life gets, I pray that I will always be able to say "Blessed be His name." Praying that for your friends 9and you too :)

The Spears said...

I agree. That is one of the only things Brent and I could do this week, on the worst week of our lives... Blessed be the name of the Lord. He gives and takes away.. my heart will choose to say, Lord Blessed be Your name!