Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pink Mafia

Adaryll used to call our Indiana friend, Kirsten, and her daughter "The Pink Mafia". One or both of them was always wearing pink. They would be so proud to know of Elena's newfound obsession with pink.
* A few weeks ago in Ikea eating fruit: I put a piece of pineapple on the fork and Elena insisted, "No! The PINK one!" She had mango that day for the first time. I don't even know if she liked the taste, but she loved that it was pink!
* Any time I try to get her to put on her black crocs: "No! PINK ones!"
* Picking out a hairbow: "PINK one!!!" (and now she even insists that I comb her hair with the pink comb because we have two, pink and blue. The blue one might as well not exist now)
* Fixing her a cup of milk: when I open the cabinet full of sippy cups, if there is a pink one up there she exclaims, "Yes! Yes! PINK cup!!!"
* Yesterday at Elias' first Tball practice she made a new friend, Molly. Molly is 3 months older than Elena and had pink sunglasses and a pink toy cell phone. Elena continually went to Molly, laid her own red sunglasses and red toy cell phone at Molly's feet as if making an offering. They she would say "Elena turn. Pink one please."
* Today I decided to let her have juice before dinner. We almost never serve the kids juice, so this is a special thing. When I asked her if she wanted juice, she immediately explained to me. "PINK juice. No orange juice please."
And on and on and on. Seriously, I think I could keep listing examples all night long! The girl LOVES her some pink! (And deep down I am so happy about it!!! It is so much fun getting to pink her up! Even if I was a total tomboy until she was born!) Watch out world, the Pink Mafia is representing in Austin, TX!

3 comments:

The Partin's said...

Believe me, oneday you will loathe Pink:) I am trying to convince Grace to pick turquoise paint for her room but she has picked the brightest fuschia you have ever seen (there goes the resale value)

Anonymous said...

Pink is Aunt Jenny's favorite color, too, although I don't wear it all the time. Jeff says that the color of my old bedroom in my parents' house was Pepto Bismal. (It looked good on the little paint swatch!)

Ki said...

I could not be prouder of Elena!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Kirsten