I have been "tagged". Thanks, Amy. If you find yourself "tagged" like me, here are the rules you must follow...
The Meme Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I have not posted my response to this tagging because my keyboard died this week! I am much sadder than is probably healthy for a nornal adult who had to replace a mere computer keyboard. See, I bought the keyboard that died 12 years ago and it got me through undergraduate and graduate schools plus 5 years beyond. It is a really nice ergonomic design that my fingers have become accustomed to. Of course, in replacing it, I went to Fry's and just got the $10 cheap-o keyboard (because that is what I am: cheap-o). I still have the old one sitting on the floor here next to the computer with some hope that a miracle of God will occur and it will be raised back to life if it gets enough rest and time off from being plugged in. Tuesday is trash day, so I must get over the nostaligia of my ancient keyboard and force myself to part with it in only 2 days...
2. I randomly have dreams about people from my past who I haven't spoken to in YEARS. For example, I dreamt 2 nights ago about my second and third grade teachers. I was tempted to get on google and try to look them both up, but my keyboard was dead.
3. I am currently working on a HUGE mural in a bedroom across the street. I am at a stand still right now because I ran out of green paint, but as soon as I get some more the brushes will be flyin'! It is a wall to wall floor to ceiling picture of a football stadium as if you were looking down from a blimp. I hope to finish this week.
4. Last week I did a back flip off a diving board. No, I am not kidding! I told all the little kids at swim lessons that I would do a flip if they each jumped of the diving board to the teacher. It has been at least 10 years since I was even ON a diving board, much less flipping OFF of one! It was actually so much fun that I did another, which was quite a bit better than the first I think. The kids all stood around in awe, not believing that I had that much coolness in me.
5. In high school I had to disect a cat in anatomy class. In college I had to do frogs, pigs, sharks, cow hearts, sheep eyes, and much, much more. Beacuse of all this surgery on the dead, I have a hard time eating meat with bones in it. I can separate myself from the fact that meat was once a live animal until I some across a chicken femur of pig rib. My loving husband graciously pulls the meat off the bones for me a lot of the time!
6. I love my friends! I have friends from elementary school, high school (different city), college, grad school, and Indiana who I just adore. Lynn, Jeannette, Ceci, Megan, Corrie, Ali, Myra, Jenna, Jenny, Lori, Jennie- you all know who you are! I am so thankful to God for placing these amazing gals in my life and for giving them the patience to be my friends!
7. My shoe size went up a 1/2 size after I had kids. I know- not that interesting, but I am running out of ideas here...
8. My husband and I are both born and bred TEXANS. We have been in Indiana for 5 years, we have put down roots and are blooming where we have been planted, but (make no mistake about it)- we are still TEXANS. :) Our kids are both Hoosiers, which is probably God's joke on us for being so prideful of the motherland...
Ok, so here is who is being tagged:
Ali, Myra, April, Amy T., Jen A., Jen D., Jennie, & Jenna
Get it done, girls! I have faith in you- and no excuses... I already took the one about the keyboard dying...
Fam in Florida Trip - Day 1
10 months ago