Friday, August 15, 2008

Home from Joe-Jah



That is how they say Georgia in Atlanta. And a prayer is a blessin'. I have practically learned a new language in the past 24 hours!
I flew out yesterday morning at 7am. That means I was out of the house by 5am. Plus I spent 3am-5am throwing up (the anticipation of the day was just too much). I got to Brent and Jenna's house around 11:30am and we left for the visitation an hour later.
The funeral was beautiful. Brent and Jenna's pastor spoke some great words and there were some songs with great lyrics. Still, the whole experience was awful. There were lots of tears and lots of hugs. I am just so glad that I was able to go and be a part of it.
Afterwards, there were several people who came back to the house to eat. That was a really nice, lighter time of story telling and laughter. I am so thankful that God has given them such great brothers and sisters in Christ to minister to them right now! Then, of course, Jenna and I stayed up until midnight talking. Needless to say, we were exhausted this morning.
We left for the airport this morning around 8am and I was home by 12:30. What a whirlwind!!! This is what happened when I walked in the door...

7 comments:

Millers said...

I am so glad that you were able to be there with her. I am sure that you will be more than ready for bed this evening. Isn't it great that you get 24 hours and they miss you that much?

The Spears said...

I love this picture so much. I am so glad you came to Joe-Jah to be with us Baptists! Okay but next time I say lets go see a rock concert!! Love you

Ginny said...

Haha very very cute picture :) I loved the videos of the kids dancing- I cracked up at them watching them during rehearsal :) I couldn't pick just one video of all the COP videos to put up so I just put up all of them :) Have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me (yes, I am one of your blog stalkers), but I found your blog through Amy P's blog (I am a friend of hers from high school). I am so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. A while ago, I stumbled upon a blog by a woman named Angie who recently lost one of her children and has a deep faith in God. If your friend wants to read it too, the address is - http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/. I don't know if it will help, but maybe... - Ashley from Illinois

The Partin's said...

It was so nice meeting you at Jenna's. I had heard about you but it good to finally meet in person. Glad you made it home safely! Hopefully we can meet again someday under better circumstances.

The Partin's said...

The comment above mine mentioned a blog, that is the one I was telling Jenna about of the guy who sings in the group Selah that lost a child and knew prior to delivery.

Willow said...

You're a good friend Jen, God bless you for being there. We really miss the kids, ( and of course you guys too), they just seen to be growing up too fast. Hugs and kisses to all.