Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Can't Wait For Kindergarten, Mommy!

Last night Elias and talked about Kindergarten while we snuggled in his red chair before bed. I explained to him that each morning Monday through Friday I would wake him up, he would get dressed and eat breakfast, and then I would take him to school. Then I told him he would have lunch at school and then have more school, and that I would come get him after Elena's nap. His eyes got really wide and he said, "So I am going to have morning school AND afternoon school?!" He was pretty excited. We talked about all the different things he would get to do at school like dictation, art, reading, Spanish, science, PE, music, etc. Finally, he said to me, "I can't wait to be in Kindergarten, Mommy!" I told him how excited I was for him too (although inside I am mourning the fact that, in reality, he is going to be spending as much or more awake time at school than he will be with me!). Then he said to me, "I can't wait to be a grown-up and choose to be an American Gladiator and pound those obstacle courses!"
Here are his "big boy starting school" pics. So now we can vote like we did for Elena's- which one is your favorite?

4 comments:

Millers said...

These are great pictures. I don't like how old Elias looks though. What happened to the little boy, he seems to be all grown up. :(

Cathy said...

#3 looks like a boy who is really excited about kindergarten. He's growing up so fast! Wasn't it just last year he was going to school for the first time, and you were walking the long halls.

McCullough Family said...

Love the Tech name tag :) He is just so sweet! I know you will miss him, but how exciting for this new stage of motherhood.

Willow said...

#3 that's the look I see on the kids that come into my Kindergarten room.