Sunday, August 10, 2008

Circle of Friends

Adaryll and I have about 5 couples our age of we have connected deeply with over the last 10 years. Couples we have "done life" with. Couples we have become parents with and raised our kids with. Couples who mean SO much more to us than just lifelong friends- they are like brothers and sisters.
One of those couples brought their first child into the world yesterday. He was born completely unexpectedly at 22 weeks. He was perfect in every way- all 1 pound and 2 ounces of him. He was beautiful. His mom and dad got to hold him and sing hymns to him as he passed from their arms into the arms of Jesus.
If you would, please remember this couple in your prayers this week and in the weeks to come. Their story is far from over, and God is just beginning a work in their hearts and lives that only He knows the end result of.

3 comments:

Willow said...

I will keep your friends in my prayers. It is such a difficult time. I will pray that they ar surrounded in God's love and care. Please keep us posted as to how they are doing.

Millers said...

They have been on my heart all day long. Everytime I think of that sweet little boy I cry, like now. I called Starla and my Mom. There are more prayers for them right now than we can even begin to count. I hope that they will be able to use this as a stepping stool in trusting in Christ even more in the weeks to come. He will not be forgotten.

keeprunnin said...

Our family prayed for them last night, and will keep them in prayer.