Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Uh, Houston, We Have a Problem

An ant problem that is. As I sit here and type, I am randomly seeing little tiny ants crawling around my computer screen. This is not a joke. There is one going right up the side of the monitor and another one just prancing across a piece of paper laying on the desk. I know the reason they came- I had a ziplok bag of dumdum suckers in my diaper bag the other day and Elena brought it to me last night saying "Sucker!" The thing is, suckers are only for times when we are having to sit and wait and be still- like Elena's 2 hour allergy appointments or a long trip to Lowes. So instead of putting the baggie back into the diaper bag last night, I set it up on top of the computer hutch. Mistake!!! This morning I went to move the baggie and it was covered in sugar ants! Now, it doesn't get much more sugary than dumdums, but HOW DO THEY DO THAT?! Our computer hutch is about 6 feet from our front door and there was a steady stream of ants all the way from the door, along the baseboard, and up the desk to the suckers. Seriously, these things must have SOME kind of smellers or something! And now I am left to wonder when they will finally give up and leave. Notice to ants who read blogs: The suckers are gone!!!

3 comments:

amypfan said...

Ew!!!! Best of luck getting rid of them. :)

Millers said...

I hate those things. They always seem to find a way don't they? Check out my posts.

amypfan said...

Props to you for being the first to comment on the Friends thing.... and for the record, your soulja-boy video actually did inspire me to dig out our video camera and attempt to figure out how to transfer video to our laptop.... a mystery which we have not yet solved. I'll be called customer service today.... but hopefully there will be videos in the future!!