Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ruffles

This is the latest sweet little outfit I have made for Elena. The top is 3 ruffles layered on one another and is a cherry print (which Elena proudly boasts "Cherry!" while grabbing a ruffle and lifting it up). The bottoms are little elastic waist capris in a gingham print.
So, here is an idea. A friend of mine suggested that I start taking orders and making custom little girl clothes to make some extra money. Maybe having 5 or 6 outfits available in a range of sizes and maybe 6 or 8 fabrics to choose from. Maybe offer accessories like hairbows, headbands, purses, etc to match? My new machine does embroidery, so I could offer monogramming once I figure out how to use it.

Anyone have any comments? Is this something people would buy, do you think? In order to make it worth my time and the cost of fabric, I think an outfit like the one below would have to cost around $40. Would people pay that? What do yall think?!


4 comments:

myra said...

Soooo cute! And YES, definately something I would buy! You could also list them on ebay or something or sell and advertise from this site or create another blogspot just for your items to sell!

The Spears said...

You know what I think! My mom says she would pay that much for sure!! GO FOR IT!!! Give me the word and I will get your email out. (talk to KB)

amypfan said...

I love it! You are SO talented.

McCullough Family said...

I know two people with little girls who paid almost $100 for their birthday outfits! In their world, $40 would be cheap for a cute outfit!