Thursday, May 15, 2008

Texas! Our Texas! All Hail the Mighty State!

The Legislature adopted "Texas, Our Texas" as the state song in 1929, but I don't think this is the kind of hail they were talking about...

We had a big storm last night! As we pulled the cars into the garage and out of the hail, this pingpong size hail landed in one of the cars. With my blog in mind, I hurriedly scooped it up and sent Adaryll to find the camera! We spent the next several minutes taking pictures of hail and debating about whether or not we should save some in the freezer (not sure why we would do this, but it seemed like a good idea at the time). THEN we went to the TV and found out that the main cell had passed, but that we should have been taking cover as there were several funnel clouds in our midst. That to say, I hope you all realize how devoted I am to bringing you the latest news in our lives down here in Hill Country! :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Why is it that when things happen in our lives, the first thing is Oh I have to blog about that? or Won't that make a great title when I blog about this?
Serious Hail. God Bless Basements.