Sunday, May 11, 2008

Have Fun Laughing...

Remember how I said Elias looks like a soldier boy with his new haircut? And then I said that he and I would learn the Soldier Boy dance and post a video of us doing it?
Well, we had about a 10 minute dance lesson before we filmed this. And we only took this one video. I kind of thought we would do it several times and then choose the best one, but I just really want to go take a nap now, so this one will have to do. All in all, I would say Elias did quite well! And since most of the laughs are going to be at the 31-year-old-white-mama trying to do a ghetto dance, I figure it doesn't really matter.
But here is the catch... Since I have faced this public humiliation for the simple task of making all of you laugh, I am posting a challenge to each of you. Let's just say that if you view this video, you are accepting the challenge. Go to www.Youtube.com, search for Soldier Boy dance, learn it, and post yourself (spouse, kids, pets, whoever) doing it on your own blog. Cmon- you really owe me a laugh now! If you don't have a blog, at least email Elias a video file! Note: I am VERY much expecting at least Ali, Corrie, Jenny B., Myra, Amy P., Amy T., Jen A., Jenna (or at least Brent), Cathy, Adaryll, Jennie (with Cindy & Kerry), Steph (with others from TPCC YA's), and ALL YOU OTHERS on my friends list to do this!

8 comments:

amypfan said...

While I would love to amuse you by posting a similar video, I've actually never uploaded a video, and we haven't used our video camera since Bryn came home from the hospital. Yours is really priceless though!

keeprunnin said...

Love it!!!Challenge on...however, I'm not sure when.

myra said...

Sooooo FUN!!! Yes, Yes Yes I want to take the challenge but MY HUSBAND wants to know if you would like him to send you the lyrics and meaning to that song? (Trust me you don't want to know....ignorance is bliss sometimes)I might just have to take the challenge with a different song :) Or maybe when he's not looking me and the kids can film something real quick. Gimme a week or so :) Thanks, that was a great gift!!!

Cathy said...

Oh My! Laughing? No. Speechless.

I don't know that song, but you guys are adorable. I think Chris and I may be more likely to do the "Hot Dog Dance". And, I'll have to figure out how to deal with the video camera.

jen armstrong said...

you are more studly than ever. seriously. you totally win on this one. if i can actually figure out how to downsize my videos to upload them--can you do that with video like you can with pictures?--then it's totally on, souljah girl.

Jenibug7 said...

OK, so I need to explain how to upload video to everyone real quick. When you are typing a post and you click on that little square that lets you upload a picture, there is another square next to it that looks like a little piece of film. Click that and it will walk you through picking your video file to upload. It then takes a few minutes to upload and process and then you publish your post as normal.
As far as what the song means- I surely don't want to know! So, if you have to do some other song, game on!!!

The Spears said...

Spears accept the challenge! As soon as we get a second to learn this deal, (we won't worry about word meaning today) we will post! This video is way to funny though! You go white mamma with your ghetto boy in the background making you look bad!!

Stephanie said...

Well... I think I have already had my public dancing humiliation for this year. Check out my pics on Facebook from Jeff and Meg's wedding. Most of our small group learned Thriller. It was pretty amusing. Nothing like studying the Bible, then learning a demon dance afterwards on a Wednesday night...

Meg W. and Chuck did Soldier Boy at the wedding, too... there are also some pics of that!

I think you did a great job! Pretty good for a white girl!