Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tooth For Sale

Elias lost his first tooth tonight!!! Actually, I pulled it. And I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of myself, because I said before I ever had kids that wiggly teeth would be my nemesis as a parent. It really was worse watching him wiggle it the past week than it was to pull it out!
He was in the bath and I told him to wiggle it 20 times. Then I wiggled it 20 times. Then I had him try to pull it. It was too slippery so I got him a baby wipe to grab it with. I kept having him push it back because it would go all the way forward but still wouldn't come out. Finally, I asked him if he wanted me to try. He said yes, so I got the baby wipe and- bingo!- it pretty much came right out!
We called Adaryll into the bathroom and showed it to him, which is where the real fun begins. We had told Elias when his tooth became loose that there was something special about losing a tooth. Once it comes out, you get to sell it to your mom and dad! We had decided a long time ago not to do the tooth-fairy, but we didn't want him to miss out on getting money for teeth like his friends. So, tonight, Adaryll took the tooth in his hand and asked Elias, "Will you sell this tooth to me?" Elias got really excited and said yes. I asked him how much the tooth would cost, and he said 5 dollars. A bit steep, but it is the first one and all. Next time, we may have to negotiate a better price!
Elias then went and got an envelope and wrote "Tooth for sale. 5 dollars" and placed it under his pillow. Sometime during the night, it will be bought and he will find money instead of the tooth in the envelope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Elias! (...and good job, Mom) Elias should have held on to that tooth a couple more weeks...Aunt Jenny would have bought it for $10!