Thursday, October 9, 2008

So Pretty!

Elena woke up with a fever yesterday, and has obviously not felt like herself for a couple of days. This morning her temp was still 102, so I stayed home from Bible Study. Since Adaryll was able to take Elias to school, Elena and I don't have to leave the house until we pick him up this afternoon! Ahhhh, the bliss!
We laid in bed and watched Barney until about 9:30. Then we decided we would have a real "girls' day". So, we took a bubble bath and painted her toenails pink. Then (while watching more Barney!) I braided her whole head in diagonal cornrows. After seeing herself in the mirror, she exclaimed, "So Pretty!" At least if she feels crappy she still knows that she looks good! And I have reached my Barney quota for the whole rest of 2008.


5 comments:

Cathy said...

"At least if she feels crappy she still knows that she looks good!"
Seriously. That's how I get through a lot of days, sometimes cuteness can get you through a lot of crummy feeling days. Especially when someone else mentions you look good First.

The Partin's said...

You are better than me...my kids would beg for Barney and I never let them watch it no matter how bad they felt or how much they cried! Ok now you think I am a bad mother but I was saving my sanity and they lived with Blues Clues just fine, thank you!

Anonymous said...

way to braid it up! =)

and i agree with cathy. it's crazy how we women can work that way.

Anonymous said...

Cute?? You mean that's what it takes to get through crappy days??

And my sweet daughter always tells me I need to learn to French braid her hair. Wait 'til she's sees Elena. I'll never hear the end of it!! You go girl!

Millers said...

Good thing you got that done, hopefully that will aide in the not getting in her hair. Tell her I love her :)