Friday, October 17, 2008

Change of Plans


This morning when I got up I had great plans for the day. I was going to clean the house a little and then go to my mentoring meeting with our senior pastor's wife. She meets with me and 3 other young pastor's wives every other week, and I always look forward to that time! Then I planned to wrap Elias' birthday gifts and make beef stroganoff for dinner. Funny how we tend to make lots of plans and sort of live in the future by thinking we have it all figured out.
Then I got Elena up. She has had a cold for about a week now, which was preceeded by a high fever and the throwing-up-in-the-car incident last week. But it seemed like just a cold. Runny nose, cough, fever, etc. This morning her breathing sounded really crackly. I called the pediatrician to see if I could bring her in tomorrow morning if she wasn't any better. Because I already had plans today. The nurse heard her breathing over the phone and said I needed to come on in. So I packed Elena in the car and we headed to the doctor. All the while I'm thinking of how it is going to end up just a cold and I will have wasted a copay. Turns out Elena has pneumonia!! I know- crazy huh? Some great mother I am! She had a breathing treatment there and we were sent home with antibiotics and more breathing treatments and instructions on when to go to the ER if she gets worse this weekend.
She is in bed napping now and I am off to wrap presents and hopefully get a nap in myself!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

oh no!!!! Poor little thing...we will send lots of prayers up for her. I know how you feel about the co-pay thing....not that you want something to be wrong with them but you hate going in if they're going to tell you it is a virus.... hope she feels better soon!!

Cathy said...

Chris had to get a breathing treatment after his procedure yesterday too! How is Elena feeling today?

Willow said...

Colds and kids are funny, you never know how sick they really are. Hope she is doing better. I'm sure the breathing treatments will help. You are a great mom and don't you ever think any different.

livelaughlove68 said...

Wow! That sounds like my surprise pneumonia trip with Jaren earlier this year....been there, done that. Didn't enjoy it either. Hope our favorite Texan little girl is feeling better soon! We'll be sure to send extra hugs and kisses down with Aunt Jenny. Love, Lori

Jordan said...

Poor baby. I hope she starts feeling well soon and that you still got to make your beef stroganoff! you're an awesome mom by the way.