Saturday, October 4, 2008

Creation Play

A couple of weeks ago, Elias came home with a sheet in his folder explaining that the Kindergarten classes would be putting on a play. It would be about creation and Elias was supposed to dress up as the Stars. I was a little bit at a loss for how we would make him "the Stars", but he was all fired-up about it! I asked him how the teachers decided who would dress up as what (I was selfishly wishing he had been assigned to be a fish or a tree!), and he told me that they each got to choose. He told me he wanted to be the stars because it would be the most fun to be the stars! (funny side note: my sister suggested that I dress him up in Hollywood garb and fancy shades and have him walk all swanky on the stage like a movie star. That would have been hilarious, but none of the 5 year olds would have gotten the joke!)
As you can see from the pictures, we went with simple for his costume. He loved making it and wearing it. All the kids did a great job "being" God's creation and acting out earth's first 7 days. Once again, I was just overwhelmed with gratefulness and joy about where he is in school and what he is learning there.

God created "The Stars"

This is Elias' class dressed as God's creation. You can see the darkness, light, sun, moon, stars, water, trees, birds, fish, and animals. Adam and Eve were in another class.

"He's got the whole world in His hands"

"My God is so great, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God can not do!"

(another side note: This is the song I blogged about last Spring that Elias was singing "The mountains are His, the rivers are His, the stars are in San Diego too" instead of "the stars are His handiwork too". I guess his music teacher corrected him...)

4 comments:

The Partin's said...

I would have gone with your sisters idea!! Too funny but he was still the "star of the show"

Cathy said...

I think your costume was quite creative! Theoretically, it could even be reused for a multitude of occasions.

Stacey said...

thank you for your comment on my blog!!! I have enjoyed reading through your since then. Your children are BEAUTIFUL (and it doesn't help that they're hoosiers too :) ) Who did you root for today, the Texans or the Colts?? :)

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed "the stars are in SanDiego" post - that is HILARIOUS!!!