Monday, October 6, 2008

Ther-monitor

Tonight after reading time, Elias got up in bed and told me he needed a thermometer. I asked him why, thinking that maybe he wasn't feeling well. This would make sense because his good friend Christina (who he was with yesterday at church and at AWANA) stayed home today and her doctor thinks she has strep. So, as the feelings of "what is this night going to bring" started to come, I asked Elias why he needed a thermometer. I was surprised by his answer.
"So that you can hear me if I make noise", he said.
Hmmm, I thought, what IS he talking about??
He started pointing to the camera monitor and explained again that he wanted me to hear him if he made noise.
Then I realized he meant monitor. As in baby monitor. Which is no longer in his room. (but we do still have the camera one set up, even though the receiving end is almost always on Elena's channel) So I said to him, "OH! A monitor. Mon-It-Or."
"Yes," he said, "a thermometer".
I then explained that a thermometer is what you put in your mouth when you are sick and it checks your temperature. A mon-it-tor is what he is talking about.
"Right, a therm-monitor" he said.
"No, no. Mon-It-Tor"
"Therm-mon-it-tor"
"No, listen. Mon-it-tor"
"Therm-mon-it-tor"
"No! There is no Therm! It is just mon-it-tor!"
"Mon-It-Tor?"
"Yes!"
"Monitor!" (laughs hysterically at his mistake)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

So cute, don't you just wonder what is going to come out of their mouth next? I've so enjoyed your blog :) I'm going to add you to my roll so I can update often! Good game yesterday, Go Colts!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at that one!!