Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wider...

I was buckling Elena's seatbelt the other day and noticed that it needs to be loosened... again. (Seriously- would these kids just stop growing for one minute?!) In front of Elias, I made a comment something like "Wow, Elena, your seatbelt sure is getting tight!" Several hours later, as Elias was getting out of the bath, the following conversation occurred...
Elias: Mommy, I know why Elena's seatbelt is getting tighter.
Mommy: Oh yeah? Why is that?
Elias: Because she is getting wider.
Mommy: What?
Elias: Girls get wider so that they can have babies.
Mommy: Reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?
Elias: Yep.
Mommy: Where did you learn that?
Elias: I read it in my First Encyclopedia of the Body book.
Mommy: Well, I guess that's right. Because the baby has to be able to fit in the girl's tummy.
Elias: Yep.
Mommy: Ooooookay. Let's go get your pajamas on.

Wordless Wednesday picture to be posted by the end of the day...

3 comments:

The Spears said...

Is your son too smart or what!! How many 5 1/2 yr olds would retain that??? TOO funny.

amypfan said...

Your kid is too stinking smart for his own good! :)

indymommy said...

That's hilarious! I think you and Adaryll may learn something from Elias here soon if he keeps reading!