Monday, June 23, 2008

Thoughts

I have been having lots of thoughts today about random unrelated things. None of them warrant a whole blog post to themselves, so I am just going to post them all together. Feel free to comment or reply on any/all of these...
* Elena dipped apple slices in ketsup at lunch today. Gross! She seemed to like it just fine and she liked it even more when I called the ketsup "dip". She repeated over and over "Dip!"
* Eat, drink, and be merry is quite literal in the Jordan family. When any of us (including me!) are hungry, we tend to become quite irrational and mean. I tend to just cry about nothing in particular. I was in that situation today and cried several times this morning about something that wasn't really worth crying about. A couple hours and a McDonalds chicken sandwich later, everything looks much brighter!
* Elias asked me the other day if I knew why he likes to kiss and hug Elena so much. He told me it is because she is his sister and he loves her. How sweet is that?!
* I have started to feel like I have lost my mind on a pretty regular basis. I will think "I need to call so and so" and then realize that I did that this morning. Or I will genuinely just not remember if I did it or not. Or I might think I did and it was just a dream.
* I was a little overwhelmed with my kids this morning. There was quite a bit of attitude and argueing with me from the eldest and quite a bit of smiling and doing whatever-I-just-said-to-stop-doing from the younger. They both received various punishments at different points throughout the morning. And I finally said to Elias "Mommy is running really low on patience right now..." As the words came out of my mouth, I realized how often I tell him he needs to be patient. That the Bible says that love is patient. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit. And, once again, I realized how short I fall of being the Mother I wish I could be. Thankfully, that chicken sandwich was not too far off...

1 comment:

The Spears said...

Praise the Lord for Chicken sandwiches and cookie dough! This too shall pass! I love you and your honesty!!