Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cool Head

Elena's hair is like insulation on her head in this Texas heat, so I have been trying to figure out cute ways to pull it back. I have done little ponytails mostly, thinking that having "parts" where her scalp is exposed would help to keep her head cool.
I have always wanted to do rows of little french braids (a.k.a. "cornrows"), but have never been able to because I always tried when it was wet and slippery. Adaryll's aunt Sandra told me to try doing it dry (I can't believe I had never thought of that). I did it this morning and I think she looks adorable! I know I am biased, but I could just eat her up!!! I think this is my new favorite "summer 'do" for her, and I am hoping they last several days because it took a while to put them all in!





2 comments:

Ki said...

Jen, it's Kirsten :) I love the new hairdo and she looks stellar in pink! Hope your little foot feels better soon. Tell Adaryll I said he better be waiting on you hand and foot (no pun intended)!

amypfan said...

She is sooooo cute!