Monday, June 9, 2008

It Is Finished!


Anyone out there ever had their toe shot up with lidocaine? One word- FIRE!!! Just when I thought "This pain can not possibly get any more intense", the doctor would push some more lidocaine in, and what was a 10 on the pain scale would become a 15. It was NOT pleasant! Plus both of the kids were with me and a little upset by the moaning and groaning and holding of breath I was doing. I actually got a cramp in my neck because I was scrunching my face so hard.
The great thing is that the shot only took about 30 or 45 seconds and then it was nice and numb. It took me a few minutes to work the cramp out of my neck, but then I was fine.
I am hoping that as the lidocaine wears off over the next couple of hours that it won't be too painful. When I asked him "So, what is this going to feel like tonight?" He said "Well, it's going to hurt!" Thanks for the insight!
I am relieved that it is finished! And it is times like these (I am being serious here) that I think of what our Savior must have endured on the cross. What kind of pain my he have felt- both physical and emotional. And must he have asked himself "Can this possibly get any more intense" before it did? It makes me that much more aware of what it is I am deserving of- that I am really the sinner who deserves a painful death on a cross (much more painful than a shot in the toe that lasts less than a minute!) and eternity separated from God. But because of what He did on the cross, that he paid what was due from me, I am forgiven.

2 comments:

Jackson said...

Oh the pain after it wears off is terrible!! I tokk some of my c-section pills after I had my toe done. It was worse than the c-section pain! I'm so sorry!!

The Spears said...

Glad this toe is better! Toe pain is the worse.