Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trying To Stay Cool

I got to take the kids swimming at Charlie and Sandi's when we finished building Elena's bed today. It was HOT and the pool felt soooo good! Elena is our little fish and just loves the water. Today she was sitting on the side of the pool when I went under to rinse my hair back, and when I came up she was gone! I looked down and pulled her up out of the water. It took a few seconds to catch her breath, but then she just laughed! Elias, on the other hand, is terrified to go under. He loves to swim, as long as his head doesn't get wet. You can see from the videos the difference in bravery/timidity. FYI, there was also a video (that I didn't post) of me doing a back flip off the diving board. We are going over there again next week and I am going to try to do a "better" (which is relative at 31) one then. It will give you something to look forward to...

Elias swims by himself

Elena kicks her feet

Elena gets thrown in the air ( I LOVE this laugh!)

2 comments:

Millers said...

I have tears in my eyes :( I can't believe how big your little girl is. Good job Elias! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming."

The Spears said...

I so wish I lived next door and could come play with you all too! It is so funny how different the two of them are! Little Jen and Little AJ for sure! Have I said that I love your kids today???? (and of course you guys too)