Friday, June 13, 2008

From Powertools to Paintbrushes

Yeah! Elena's picket fence daybed is completely built! It is waiting patiently in my garage for me to go out there and start painting it! So now the tedious work begins! It will be a white fence with birds sitting along the horizontal fence support. Not sure if I am going to add grass at the bottom or flowers and vines or what. We will just have to wait and see what evolves.
I'm also painting an old wooden dresser to match, so I will post before and after pics of that as it progresses as well. I am hoping to have everything ready to move into her room 2 weeks from Sunday, which is the day my baby girl turns TWO!


Headboard (this is the "outside")

Footboard (this is the "inside" where the mattress will sit)

Side "daybed" part that connects the headboard and footboard
(this is the "inside" where the mattress will sit too)

4 comments:

myra said...

Very cool! You are soooo creative! Rebekah had a fence headboard too, did you know that? Probably not. Cool! Her's was white as well, no footboard or sideboard though. We sold it at the yard, I mean LifeSale :(

moving today, see the blog for details and hopefully when things settle down we can connect via phone :)

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan said...

You are the coolest, Jen. Elena will look great in her big girl bed.

Stephanie said...

You are SuperMom! That is amazing.