Thursday, January 29, 2009

Woooo-Hoooooooo!

Well, I prayed a couple of weeks ago that God would send some snow to Indiana during our visit, and I guess His answer was YES! By yesterday morning, we had 12-14 inches on the ground, and I think there is more to come in the next couple of days. I heard it was the most snow dumped in one storm here in 30 years or something. Since we aren't responsible for shoveling a driveway or paying a gas bill up here, we are loving it!
We got to go sledding yesterday, and boy did we have fun!!! I don't know how many times I went down the hill, but it was enough that my legs are sore today from climbing back up. The kids are having the time of their lives (ok, Elias is at least). It really is so much fun to visit this for a week, and not to have to deal with it all winter. :)



3 comments:

Cathy said...

Maniac! There was a time I'd sled in the middle of the night, but those days are gone. But I'm so glad you're having fun, glad we could provide just the sort of winter vacation you were looking for! I heard the most snow in 13 years. But if we're getting more, that's not too shabby either.

tricia said...

WOO HOO indeed!!! What perfect timing! I know not all of Central Indiana agrees, but I am glad God answered your prayer. I got to stay home from work with the girls Wednesday, but had to work at home (blah :( ) so still waiting for my chance to go out and play!!

Jordan said...

Great to see those Texan kids in some Hoosier snow! I am hoping for some snow to enjoy in March after being in the African sun.