Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Kids

As I sit here catching up on everyone's blogs, I can hear my sweet Elias singing in his bed. "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." How great is that? When I went in to turn off his light and tuck him in, he had a "My First Hymal" in his bed with him and he was going through singing each one. No comments about how baptist it is that our kid even has a "My First Hymnal". :)
We actually got out of the house today. I have been in seclusion for 12 days: 2 days in Dallas at Adaryll's Dad's house, 7 days in the hospital (minus the ambulance and plane rides!), and 3 days here at home. When I realized how long it had been since I had gotten in the car and gone somewhere (anywhere!!!), I made a plan to get us out a bit today. I needed more albuterol for Elena anyway, and I needed to deliver some materials to a friend who will be teaching my Growing Kids class tomorrow so that Elena doesn't have to go to childcare at church just yet. Plus my sister had told me that the Crocs outlets were having a $4.99 sale on kids' crocs, and I could hear my name being called from the Roundrock Premium Outlets. So, after Elena's morning breathing treatment, we loaded up and ran some errands. Man, it felt SO good to be out amongst the living!! One prescription and 6 pairs of crocs later (I KNOW- it really is a problem for me!!! But $4.99?! Who can pass that up?!?!), we came home for lunch and naps.
Tonight, when Elena saw the moon (Wow- has anyone else looked out there tonight?!), she exclaimed sweetly, "Moon! Moon, Mommy, look at that moon! It's shiney, Mommy! I wanna take it home with me. Gnite moon." So, so stinkin' sweet.
And it's a good thing she is so stinkin' sweet because she decided last night was the time to act out all the trauma she has gone through. She cried out for me over and over during the night, and actually got out of her bed (gasp!) this morning and was beating on her door screaming for me. She has been in that bed since June and has never done this until now, so I am sure it is related to all the horrible things she experienced last week. Plus, I was sleeping right next to her all week in the hospital. Wierd that she waited until night 3 at home. So, tonight we talked about how scary the hospital was, particularly the tubes in the nose and the IV, but how all of that is over and she is back safe at home. And we prayed for God to help her to know that He is taking care of her and that He is keeping her safe. Now I am hoping for a better night!

1 comment:

keeprunnin said...

Praying for her and you too.