Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Talking Heads

We have this rule in our house- if you are thirsty in the evening, you have to ask for a drink BEFORE bathtime. It helps to avoid the inevitable "I need a drink of water" thing that happens as you are tucking kids into bed. Or after they have already been tucked. So, whenever Elias tries to ask for a drink as a ploy to delay bedtime, I can just casually state that he needed to have asked for it before his bath.
Lately, as he is climbing up the ladder into bed, he sometimes says to me, "Mommy, do you know what I was thinking tonight before bath?" Yes, I know. That you were thirsty. But apparantly not thirsty enough to let me in on it. Which means you will not wither away before tomorrow morning. Sorry- go to bed.
Tonight, though, he took me by surprise. He told me that he was thinking in his head before bath that he was thirsty. And that his head tried to tell my head. WHAT?! Sorry, I said. My head did not hear your head. Goodnight!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

they try everything, don't they? Hopefully they can channel that creativity into school work one of these days! :)

Anonymous said...

what's wrong with your head that it cannot hear his?! come on!
=)

Jennifer said...

Ha! That's hysterical! Holloway tries stuff like that with me all of the time. Maybe they can go to law school together.

amypfan said...

Apparently your Mommy ESP isn't working right now...