Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOW!

The kids and I are back in Indiana visiting friends, and having a ball!!! We arrived Friday and got settled in at the Millers' house (just down the street from our old house). Kylee and Ian didn't know we were coming, so when they got off the bus and saw Elias, it was like a scene out of a movie! (seriously- 5 year old girl running up the sidewalk, arms outstretched, towards 6 year old boy- I wish I had the camera!)
We spent Saturday just trying to recover from the 4am Friday wake-up (and the almost-missed flight because I forgot Mr. Pig and didn't realize it until we were halfway to the airport!). Saturday night we were able to visit with 5 or 6 neighborhood families and see how much all the kids had grown in the last year. I was amazed to see all the kids were in person, even though I follow all blogs.
Sunday we went to Traders Point, the church where Adaryll served from 2002-2008. I wondered if I would even actually make it into the service, there were so many people to hug! It was so, so good to see all those people in person! But what was even cooler was realizing that I have people in Austin at HCBC that I love just like I love the people here. And we have only been there for a year. It was an amazing realization. I really almost cried realizing that God would do that for me. That he has given me 2 amazing families of believers in 2 completely different cities. And that we are part of both forevermore. Wow.
I have more to blog about Sunday afternoon and yesterday, but I want to get to today's photos now so that Elias' teacher can show them to his class. There was a question asked of the class Friday about what was more fun- snowmen or snow angels. I think about half the class had to guess because they had never even seen snow. (how sad!!!) So here are our pics from today- and I'm not sure which Elias thought was more fun. But snowballs were right up there at the top of the list too! (we are supposed to have 10 inches of snow by tomorrow, so expect sledding videos tomorrow!)











4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so jealous!!! I love snow! Sigh. One the hardest things about moving so far South is that my kids won't get real winters with snow.

We miss you guys...i know Holloway will be happy to see Elias next week!

Cathy said...

Beautiful! Enjoy more today!

amypfan said...

I'll bet all those Texas kids will be jealous of the fun you're having in Indiana!

Anonymous said...

i've been a blog slacker but will be sure to show the class and let cory know tomorrow. =)