Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Officially Texan... and Legal!

I want to let everyone know a little secret. I was never officially, legally a Hoosier. When we moved there in 2002, I still had a Texas driver's license that didn't expire until October 2008. So I kept it. Nevermind that you are supposed to get an Indiana license within the forst 30 days of living there. Nevermind that my mom moved away from the address listed on my TX license the year after we moved to Indiana. Nevermind that I was not actually a Texan by residence. What mattered was that I was still a legal card-carrying Texan! It was kind of funny on the rare occasion that I would write a check at a store and they would ask for my license. Then they would ask, "Oh, are you from Texas? Did you just move up here?" And I would respond with something like, "Ummm. We've been here a while." Then we ended up moving back to Texas only months before my license would have expired and I would have faced officially becoming a non-Texan.
Well, friends, I am now a renewed Texan until the year 2014! I just renewed online- how cool is that?! It even allowed me to change my address, so now I am actually legit too! It feels so good to be Texan AND legal! :) What is really funny is that I had that picture taken in 2000, so I will look 24 on my license when I am really 38. Except that I still look the same now as I did on my permit from 1992. That's a little sad. Maybe I need one of those Mommy haircuts or something...

6 comments:

The Partin's said...

Been there done that...we have been in our house 3 years and I still have not changed mine!!

amypfan said...

Honestly, I'm a little sad to learn that you were never a "real" Hoosier. We miss you!

Millers said...

You are a riot! I think that will be so cool to look young when you are old. Too bad that will take your forever unlike some of us. I think you should call one of those shows and get a new you....and KEEP UP WITH IT!! LOL. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

resist the haircut! resist!!!

jen armstrong said...

love it...i refused to ever change mine regardless of the fact that we lived in two other states. way to hang in there my fellow texan

Anonymous said...

People from Indiana are sooo nice. :0)