Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Homecoming

Elias' school had homecoming a couple of weeks ago. As part of the celebration, each class decorated their door with the homecoming theme. This year's theme was Disney. So guess who got recruited to do the door to Elias' room?!
It was actually a lot of fun. Painting is so relaxing for me- it's like free therapy! The kids fingerpainted the top of the poster to make the "crowd" in the stands. Then I took all their pictures and printed and pasted their heads in the stands. Lightning McQueen has a panther emblem on his hood (that is who we played), and he is eating the dust of our school's bus. The really funny part is that I took pics of the headmaster and some other admin people and put them in the bus windows. Elias' teacher is driving the bus. It's just funny to me that I was able to get them to do those poses and make those faces, and they all did it without knowing what it was for!
I never did get a picture of the completed work, but here are some I did get...

No comments: