Thursday, September 25, 2008

FOUND

2 years ago, Adaryll got me what I think was the best birthday present I have received up to this point. An Ipod. I was not addicted to it as many are, but I did love it. It is a video Ipod, so I had downloaded some kids TV shows and would let Elias watch them when we were waiting in doctor's offices, etc. It is what we have been using for him on planes instead of taking the whole portable DVD player. It was just SO convenient!
Well, a few months ago, I realized I didn't know where it was. Around the same time, I also realized some books were missing- the ones I always take to doctors' offices, etc to entertain Elena. And the bag that I always carry that stuff in was gone too. After searching our house over and over and over (and beginning to feel crazy for checking places I knew I had already checked!), I decided that I must have left the whole bag with all the goods at an office. I called ALL of our doctors and no one had seen it. Finally, I thought long and hard and sort of remembered it being in the front seat of my car. So I concluded that it MUST have been stolen out of my car when I carelessly left it unlocked. I contemplated filing with our homeowners or car insurance to see if I could possibly get reimbursed for a new Ipod. But to do that, I knew I would have to file a police report. And I didn't think that would go over really well since it had been gone for months and I didn't know exactly when it disappeared.
So I resigned myself to being Ipod-less. At least until Christmas when I might get Adaryll a new one and confiscate his old one, which is the model of mine. Sadness set upon me.
Then, the other day, I was getting Elena's Epi-pen out of her diaperbag to check the expiration date. As I pulled it out the this special pocket inside the bag, out came my Ipod!!!! I cried tears of joy- I am not kidding. I don't remember ever being so happy to find something I had thought was really gone!
So now it is Found! (everyone say "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!") I updated it this weekend and made the kids their own playlists. I think I have used it every time we have been in the car this week. Now I am addicted. Or maybe overprotective. Or both.
Who knows where the bag and the books are? Who cares! I found the Ipod!!!!

Now on to what I would REALLY like to find: more time to blog!! Pray that I figure out how to juggle my day and fit blogging in again. I really miss you guys! :) And it is awful to have all these blogging ideas in my head and never get to download them onto the screen. If I don't find more time, my head might explode soon!

4 comments:

Ginny said...

You just inspired me to get out my iPod!! I haven't used it at least since we got married. I had to go dig it out of my guest room and just so happened to know where it was only because I had to clean my car out to take it to the shop and founded it in there :) Thanks!!! I'm excited!!

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Yeah for finding your long lost toy in the secret diaperbag pocket! Jason couldn't find his one time while we were IN the car. Next thing you know, it's flying off the TOP of the minivan while we're driving Brownfield Hwy! But thanks to the clear plastic case, it still works! They seem to just find their way home!

McCullough Family said...

I also haven't had blogging time! During the day I think, "This has to go on my blog." Really more for me to be able to look back and remember, it's like my online journal with pictures.

Anonymous said...

i want an iPod. my mom offered me one a few years ago and i was like, "nah...i don't need that." STUPID! i hate burning cds for my car and borrowing the roomies for airplane trips!

and i know what you mean about to many blog ideas in your head and no time to write. i have so many drafts floating around up there but i have no idea if they'll ever meet the screen. so sad. =(