Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sweet, Tender Moments

I just had the most sweet, tender moment with Elena. Her bathtime routine consists of a bath, pj's, nursing, and then rocking in her room for a couple of minutes with a couple of songs sung to her. Then off to her bed she goes to go to sleep. I usually just sing her the goodnight song that we made up for Elias when he was tiny (with her name of course!), but tonight I decided to sing her another song that I know Adaryll sings to her at bedtime alot. It is a praise song (Paul Balosche I think??) that goes "You have been so good to me. You have been so good to me. I came here broken- You made me whole- You have been so good, You have been so good, You have been so good to me." There is beautiful harmony, so the first time through I sang the melody and the second time I sang the harmony. The second time through, with her head on my chest, Elena began humming with me. My heart just about melted.

2 comments:

amypfan said...

I'll bet you're thrilled to have Adarryl home!

Jackson said...

Waiting for the post of Adaryll's return!