Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Canopies, Chicken Flags, and Playtime Together

Kids say funny things, right? Well, last week after VBS, our neighbor Ian kept singing a song from the worship time they had. He sang "I'm not afraid... of canopies..." His mom, Jennie, and I kept insisting that those could not be the right words, but before long he, Kylee and Elias were all singing about canopies. Friday night all the parents got to go to a big service and carnival and we sang some of the songs the kids had learned. When the words came up- "I'm not afraid... How can I be?..." I almost started laughing because all I could sing was "canopy" by then!
Then yesterday Elias and Elena were playing in the playroom with Elias' Shake N Go Speedway. Elena is fascinated by the cars that "go" after being shaken and put on the ground. She likes to sit on the track and have them crash into her. Anyway, Elias shook up Lightning McQueen and he announced "The checkered flag in mine!" and took off racing. Later in the morning, Elias was racing through the house yelling "Yeah- the chicken flag is mine!" Once again, laughter for mom.

Here are some pictures of the two of them playing in the playroom yesterday- Elena was apparantly the "customer" at the "grocery store", and she must have been hungry because Elias "sold" her everything in the store!!


2 comments:

Matt said...

I've been out of town but so glad that I could come and catch up on your week! I love the store, did you make that...I'm sure you did! And the dancing is a hoot! We love ya'll.-myra

The Spears said...

This is so cute. It is even funny than when it was happening yesterday while I was on the phone hearing Elias say it for the first time!! I just told everyone in my office at lunch what the kids said and we had a good laugh! We needed that for sure!