Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!




Today Elena is ONE YEAR OLD!!! I can't believe it was a full year ago that she came into this world- it seems like it was only last week! This morning I reminded Adaryll that one year ago, at that moment, I was begging for an epidural. Funny that on Elias' birthday last year I had hernia surgery and on Elena's I am doing IV antibiotics. Hopefully next year's birthdays will be a little less eventful!


Elena woke up this morning to mommy, daddy, and brother singing Happy Birthday. We had breakfast and then let her open a couple presents from Grandad and Oma. After morning nap we had neighbor kids over to share her birthday cake (egg-free of course!) It was generously made by my dear friend Jennie, who called yesterday afternoon and asked "Do you want me to make her cake?" I jumped on that bus and answered "Yes Yes Yes!!" She had sent me an egg-free recipe a while back, but I obviously did not get it done this week! The cake she made is appropriately called a Texas sheet cake and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks Jennie!!


Elena liked the cake, but didn't go hog-wild or anything. She carefully dipped one finger in and licked it off. Then she would take a little pinch and put that in her mouth. Nevertheless, she got her face and tummy covered in chocolate.


All in all I think she had a good first birthday. I am sad that the whole first year is already gone, but excited at the same time to see what the next year will bring.

No comments: