Saturday, July 19, 2008

Please Let The Zofran Work!

For those of you who know medicine and just read that title, no- I am not pregnant. But zofran is the name of the drug that was in one of my PICC line pumps for 5 months.
Now for the real story. Adaryll made a wonderful dinner tonight. He smoked ribs, made a great salad, cooked some awesome baked beans, mmmmm. After dinner, Elias came to me and said "My tummy hurts." I am pretty sure he also said that at some point during dinner and maybe even during lunch. I just can't remember for sure. I told him to go lay down, thinking that he was totally bluffing.
A little while later, I was sitting with Elena on the couch and Adaryll was on the computer. Elias was laying on the floor playing with his toy computer. All the sudden he just puked all over the carpet. Not just puke- red puke. As Adaryll and I both scrambled to get Elias a bowl and the carpet cleaned, Elena began to cry over the whole chaos of the scene around her.
Thanks to Oxy-Clean we got all the red out of the carpet and then told Elias to carry the bowl with him for the rest of the evening. He went upstairs to sit and read a book while we got Elena bathed and in bed. As Elena was getting her hair washed, Elias enters the room with a green look on his face, without the bowl, and pukes again. Once again, Oxy-Clean to the rescue.
While Adarll put Elena to bed and I bathed Elias, I started thinking about the one other time in his life that Elias has had a repeated puking thing. He ended up in the ER that time dehydrated and they sent him home with some zofran. I looked through our medicine cabinet (which probably qualifies as a full-fledged pharmacy even after purging tons of meds before the big move), and I found ONE last zofran! I gave it to him and am just hoping it keeps him from puking again!
The funny part of this story is that when he was so dehydrated from puking a year or so ago, I eventually made him a pallet on our bedroom floor. So tonight I said, "Honey, I am going to go ahead and make you a bed on our floor." He sat straight up in the bath and replied with big, wide eyes, "Yeah! I love sleeping on your floor! That is why I love throwing up!" I laughed so hard. Then I looked at Adaryll and said "Seriously, hasn't that only happened one other time in his whole life?" LOL
Ok, so I am sure that I have broken multiple blogging rules by using the word puke that many times in one post, and for sure by telling the color. But I know we all appreciate authenticity, and I am just trying to keep it real.

3 comments:

McCullough Family said...

We are laughing out LOUD!! He is the funniest kid! Praying that tonight is FULL of rest for everyone!

Stephanie said...

Ew. That reminds me of how Jon and Kate make a little bed for their kids when they are sick - but it's usually in the laundry room on the linoleum. Hope there is no more puking!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!! (I have been LIVING on Zofran the past couple weeks :)) Thanks for the comments on my blog. I am so blessed - I get to recuperate at my grandparents and they are spoiling me! :) (Jim is out of town so the girls and I are staying here for the weekend - yee hah!)