Saturday, July 5, 2008

American Gladiators

Does anyone out there watch American Gladiators? The boys in our house (i.e. Daddy & Elias) really get into it. In fact, most of the time they DVR it and Elias watches it more than once. It's funny because he will tell me "Watch Mommy- the red guy is going to win". I don't get it. It's like watching a 10 year old football game on ESPN Classics. Just not my thing, but I'm not a guy.
So last night we were at this great 4th of July Festival (complete with turkey legs, bbq, hotdogs, and live country music) when Elias spotted an inflatable obstacle course. They were running 2 kids at a time as if it was a race, and he was ready to go! He turns to me and says, "It's just like American Gladiators!"


This was his first time through. He didn't quite get the rope thing at first, but it's quite amusing seeing him do the slide at the end. And he won, so you see the pride on his face as he looks back at his competition. He is REALLY competitive. I have no idea where he got that...




This was his third and final run (he lost the second time, so I'm kind of glad we didn't get that on camera). You can see that by now he had mastered the rope. It's funny to me that he eyes his opponent on his way up the rope to be sure he isn't getting ahead. He just watched this with me and narrated for me saying "And right there I was thinking- oh no, I'm going to lose!" He won by just a couple of seconds.

Elias ready to go and it isn't even his turn yet...

I don't remember a 4th of July in Texas without snowcones!

Barefoot in the grass

Relaxin' in Daddy's lap

Yeah! My brother's an American Gladiator!

No comments: