Monday, July 28, 2008

My City

I had a nice size piece of MDF board leftover from the playroom closet shelf project, so I thought of a fun use for it. I told Elias we could draw out and paint a city on the board, and he could use it to play with his mico machines (actually, my 25+ year old micro machines that have been passed on to him). I asked him to make a list of what he would want in his city. The list is quite amusing, so I am posting it for everyone's enjoyment.
In Elias' city, he wants to have...
*Two neighborhoods. One is called "The Branches" (our IN neighborhood name) and the other is the name of our neighborhood here. Pardon the paranoia, but I am not going to post that. Anyway, in the Branches, there are 3 houses: Aunt Jenny's house, Kylee's house, and Mylee's house. In the other neighborhood there are also 3 houses: Elias' house, Jaren's house, and Holloway's house. Funny that he segregated the girls and boys rather than putting all the people that actually live in IN in the Branches and the ones that live in TX in the other one.
*Restaurants: Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Souper Salad, Baskin Robbins, and Chucky Cheese
*Stores: Costco, Toys R Us, Wal Mart, HEB Grocery, Ikea, and Target
*Outdoor stuff: Playground, Neighborhood pool, and Sprinkler park
*Fun stuff: Putt Putt Golf, Zoo, and Bowling Alley
*Plus a mall, gas station, doctor's office, dentist's office, airport, and our church
Quite the city, eh? We drew it all out in pencil this morning and I have started coloring it in with paint pens. It might be a while before this project is finished, but he is loving the process! I am pretty sure this is going to be played with for many, many years...


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that he chose Target and IKEA. Two of the best stores ever!

Willow said...

I think he has a future as real estate developer. I would love to live in his neighborhood. Everything you could possibly want is within walking distance. This is a great idea. I'm going to use it for my grandkids.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my house made it on the map! I can't wait to come see it in October! Love you all.
Aunt Jenny

Millers said...

You have more good ideas then anyone that I know. I can't belive how good it looks already. I am sure that it is going to be fabulous.