Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Completed City

It only took 3 days to complete the painting of the city. (Actually coloring- I used paint pens. Does anyone else out there think that coloring is therapeutic? It is so relaxing! OK, there were a LOT of fumes...) I'm not sure what we are going to name it, but I am thinking something like "The-Coolest-City-On-Earth, Texas". (because that is where the coolest city on earth would be). :) Anyway, here are some pics and highlights of our favorite areas...


The finished city

This is my personal favorite. Target and Ikea in the same block.

This is one of Elias' and Adaryll's special "Daddy Date" spots: The Dell Diamond. It is where they go to watch triple-A baseball. Note that the houses shown are the boys' houses (Elias, Jaren, and Holloway) and they each have a convertible parked in the driveway. LOL

Elias has ALWAYS loved airports. He has even told me what is inside this airport near gate A and what is near gate B. (food court, etc)

This is the mall. Elias likes it because it has Inflatable Wonderland. I like it because there is a Crocs store. :)

Personally, I don't know what I would do without a McDonald's drive-thru every once in a while.

This is the zoo. I meant to add an alligator to the pond, but I was waiting for the blue to dry and I forgot. Elias also informed me that he wants giraffes at the zoo. So maybe the project is not quite finished after all...

3 comments:

Millers said...

That looks amazing!! And the detail....WOW. I hope that someday Ian and Kylee will be able to play with Elias and the city. I think you should call it Brownstin, Texas or Ausiana, Texas. LOL

this mother's hood said...

umm, you're so stinkin' cool. stop it okay? i have a complex already ;)

Jay and April said...

I will bring our extra board this weekend and maybe we can do Jacob's together?? THe 4 of us. (me, you J and E.I can bring my paint pens too.

I also have a few things I need to use your sewing machine for. Some lovey blankets I want to finish making. THey're all in pieces, just needs to be sewn.