Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cocoon

About 5 months ago, I decided I had better wean Elias off his naps in preparation for all-day-Kindergarten this fall. We still have "relaxing time" while Elena naps, which means that he still goes to bed, but he gets to choose to take books, LeapPad, handheld video-game, etc. Most of the time, he entertains himself quietly for the hour or hour and a half that he is in there. Every once in a while, he is just too tired and he falls asleep.
This is what I found when I went in to get him yesterday. He must have just nodded off because I had heard him about 15 minutes before. He was inside his pillowcase, holding his pig, sitting up, sleeping. I actually went and got the step-ladder so that I could get some good pics.
Funny that when he was so tiny (just under 6 pounds with wrinkled up skin and no fat under it), I used to say that he looked like he was in the larvea stage. Guess he decided, almost 6 years later, that he needed a cocoon.





No comments: