Saturday, April 4, 2009

Egg #3

I took Nyquil last night, so the egg #3 post didn't go up when it should have. If I had done it then, it would not have made any sense anyway. :)

Egg #3
Item inside: Little communion cup and cracker
Message: Jesus shared the Passover meal with his disciples the night before He was crucified. He told them that the bread they ate was his body, which would be broken for them and that the wine they drank was his blood, which would be poured out for them.
Scripture to read: Matthew 26:17-18 and Matthew 26:26-29
17On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"
18He replied, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.' " 19So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.

26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."
27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the[b] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

Elena ate the cracker when she opened the egg. We will have to get a new one. :)

No comments: