Sunday, November 2, 2008

Old and New

For some reason I thought of a random idea for a blog post a few days ago. This requires participation though. I am about to reveal something to you, and so you must reciprocate- at least with comments, preferably with pictures. :)
What is your oldest pair of shoes that you own? How long have you had them? How about your newest pair? How does the difference between those two pairs of shoes speak of the span of your life between them? Does that even make sense??
Here is a picture of my oldest and newest pairs. I have owned this pair of Berkenstocks for 16 years. That is HALF MY LIFE!!!!! Is that crazy?! I think I have had the hot pink crocs since May, so about 6 months. I guess that pretty much says that I have been kind of a tree-hugger type shoe-wearer for quite a while. 16 years to be exact. Which is pretty funny because I don't even recycle. I just like hippie shoes I guess.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't have a picture. When I first read your post about old and new shoes I didn't think I had anything to contribute. You see, I recently cleaned out my shoes so I don't have anything older than about five years. But then I remembered that I have dance shoes that I got when I was a teenager that I can still wear. (I think my feet stopped growing when I was about 15.) So, my oldest pair of shoes is a pair of character shoes that are 22 years old, and I have a tie for my newest pair...I just bought two new pairs of shoes at Kohl's a couple months ago...plain brown pumps and plain black pumps. (Where did all the excitement go?)

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to get myself to get rid of some of my old shoes, but I love the style and can't find anything just like them to replace them, so I keep trying to get away with wearing them. By the time I had both girls, my feet had grown, so I don't have tons of old shoes, but I do have cleats that I played powderpuff football in when I was a junior in highschool almost 20 years ago.

And I must have been channeling Jenny vibes because I just bought plain brown and black flats at kohls a few weeks ago. (in hopes that then I would toss some of those old shoes) :)