Monday, May 28, 2007

The 7 Year Itch

They say that there is a "7 year itch" in any given marriage. You know, the type of thing where one (or both) people realize they are missing something or just want to go explore what else is out there. I guess there are higher rates of marriages gone amuck at the 7-year marks (7, 14, 21, etc) than other years.
Well, let me tell you folks something. Adaryll and I just celebrated our 7 year Anniversary yesterday and the only itching going on here is the one spot on my back I can't reach but he so kindly loves to scratch for me! I mean, there are always adventures sharing your life, house, and kids with another person (add to the mix that we are both sinners and know it!), but I would not trade my wonderful husband for anything in the world!
He is a great guy and a terrific Father. He makes me laugh and he laughs with me. He works hard and goes in early so he can spend the evenings with his family.
I used to say "E.L.A!" when people did unexpected things for Adaryll. For example, he was once upgraded to first class on a flight after making conversation about music with an airline employee and giving him a CD. Another time he was out to dinner and started talking to the manager (realizing they were both from TX), and ended up with dinner and dessert on the house! "E.L.A." stood for "Everyone Loves Adaryll!" and it is so true! He has a charm about him that people love and are drawn to- and customer service people crank out the favors when he turns on that charm!
But noone loves Adaryll like I do! And noone could scratch my itchy back like he does! So here's looking forward to another 7 years... and then another and another and another and another.....

2 comments:

The Spears said...

AMEN SISTER!!!! I love it when they scratch that spot on our backs!! 7 year itch... crazy. The only thing that I am itching for is more love from my hubby, and I know you are too!! Congrads. I had forgotten that was yesturday (some friend I am!) Love you both (well all four of you so much)

Jackson said...

Happy Anniversary... our 9th is tomorrow. That 7 year itch passed us by, too... we were having Bo that year, so, needless to say, no spark was missing with us... know what I mean!!!