Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sweet Morning Conversations

Okay, so first I must begin by apologizing to the one or two of you out there who actually check and read this blog. I have REALLY dropped the ball by not documenting and keeping a written record of our move across the country with 2 small children a mere 4 weeks after major reconstructive foot surgery. Actually, as difficult as it has been, there have been so, so many joyous moments where we have seen the face of God through the acts and words of His people. I really do promise that pictures are coming soon. The house is completely unpacked, pictures are all hung, and now I know where the camera is. So that is at least one step closer to taking pictures!

As for the sweet morning conversations in my heading....
Elias and Adaryll went to church this morning without us girls because Elena has bronchitis and I have a sinus infection. I started an antibiotic Friday night and she started one last night. So, for the sake of the other kids in her class, we decided to keep her home and contain the germs here.

I went into her room at 9am this morning to find her sleeping soundly with Mr. Frog squeezed as tightly as could be. I woke her up and proceeded to change her diaper. At which point she decided it was time for a conversation. This is how it unfolded...

Elena: Daddy?
Me: Daddy is at chuch.
Elena: Eeeee-Yiii-Yus? (translation: Elias)
Me: Yes, Elias is at church too.
Elena: Huh-Hee? (translation: Honey, which is what they call my mom)
Me: Honey is at home.
Elena: (BIG smile) Kye-Yee (translation: Kylee, our neighbor in Indiana who Elena hasn't seen now in over a month)
Me: Kylee is at home too.
Elena: (Big laugh)

And I realized at that point that we really are having conversations these days! She is not just babbling aimlessly (although she still does that some, particularly when she is singing because she knows the tune but not the words, so she just makes up sounds to the melody). I love hearing her little voice and what is in her little mind that she is learning to share.

4 comments:

myra said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone is gettin settled. We don't have any new contact info for you yet, so call me! We love you guys!

keeprunnin said...

I love it. It takes me back...way back.

The Spears said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Spears said...

You think I love calling you daily to talk to you only! HA! Really it is so I can get my fill of listening to your sweet children and all of the totally adorable things they say or try to say! The Spears are big Jordan kids fans!