Monday, February 18, 2008

Big Hair Day...

I was doing my hair this morning with the great new contraption I recently bought. It is like a curling iron shape, but it has a round brush on the end and it blows hot air like a blow dryer. It is wonderful for people like me who have just enough natural curl to make it look bad if it air-dries, but not enough curl to actually style it curly. So, not only does this wonderful thing curl the ends of my hair under, but it also straightens from the root down.

So.... as I was doing my hair, Elena walks in and takes enough interest in what I am doing that I ask her if she would like her hair done. She immediately repeats "Bow" over and over (yes, we do have pretty much every color and shade of bows possible for this girl!) So, I put some leave in conditioner in her hair and comb it out like normal. But then I section it off and begin drying it with the straightener. I could not believe how much hair she has!!! And how much auburn is in it when it is pulled tight and straight around the brush.


The end result is what follows. I think it is absolutely adorable. She looks way older to me with all that long hair! Still, I love her curls and think this will only be a once every few weeks thing. Noce to know there is another option for when she gets older in case she wishes her hair wasn't so curly someday...


3 comments:

myra said...

OK, that is SOOOO cute!! How adorable! We miss you guys. And for your hair I highly recommend you get the book "curly girl". It has changed my life, for real! No longer to I spend HOURS trying to figure out how to tame or do my "semi-curly/wavy" mess! And those semi waves because of the book have become pretty curls. AND IT'S EASY!!! us busy mom's appreicate that!!

jen armstrong said...

so adorable. love those babies of yours! glad you're getting settled.

keeprunnin said...

sooo cute!!!!