Monday, January 28, 2008

Gettin' Settled

Did yall hear that? The Texan twang is already settlin' back in!
We arrived in Austin Thursday a week and a half ago, and our stuff got here the next day. And so began the process of gettin' settled. And what a process it has been! Room by room, my mom and I have worked through the boxes. Today marks the end of the boxes in the house, but we still have a way to go out in the garage. Slow and steady, right?! Tell that to a type-A person who is desperate for life to "get back to normal" --- whatever normal is!
The kids have done great with the adjustment. There have definitely been some "I miss my friends" moments (for me too!), but overall they are both doing really good.
The house is really nice- Adaryll did good! (he came down by himself to find it.) We have plenty of room for everyone and everything we have unpacked has found a home.
And church. WOW! Church has been just awesome! We have loved both Sunday services we have been here for. The pastor is such a great speaker and really communicates God's Word in a wonderful way. He also has a wonderful spirit and Adaryll has loved working with him. If you want to check out the website or view a service or music, go to www.hcbc.com .
Well, I'm fixin' to unpack the piano room (did you hear the Texas twang again?!) and be done with boxes for a long, long time I hope! Keep praying for us as we finish getting stettled into our house and begin getting settled into Austin!

2 comments:

myra said...

I am so excited for you guys and tried calling you last night....call me! Have all your numbers changed. I need new contact info fast!!! :) We love you and have been praying.

amypfan said...

How the recovert going on your leg? We miss you!!