Sunday, June 14, 2009

UnbelievaBow!

Ok, so I have just had my longest hiatus from blogging to date. I miss yall. I hope the break is over and that I can get back into the habit of posting more regularly. After all, this is the only written record I have of the goings-on as our kids grow and say ridiculously funny things.
What in the world has kept me so busy? I'm glad you asked, because I can't wait to tell you. Or show you. :) www.UnbelievaBow.com is the culprit.
I made some hairbows for Elena a couple of months ago, and people all over town began making comments about them. People started asking me where I got them and if I would sell them. I hadn't ever considered such a thing, but enough people were asking that I began to evaluate what that might look like. Adaryll and I agreed that I should give it a shot. And so the adventure began.
I started out by buying a website and having a friend, Mike Meadows (who ROCKS), design the layout. I made dozens of bows to put on the site. All the while, since Elena was wearing the bows most days, orders began to trickle in from people who saw them on her. So then I was trying to finish bows for the site and fill orders. You know- in all my "free time". *wink*
So pretty much every moment I got at the computer was spent on the website. I can't even explain how relieved I am that it is up and running! Whew!!! I still have lots of bows to make and add, but at least it is there.
Check it out and let me know what you think! Better yet- buy a bow for your favorite little girl! :)

www.UnbelievaBow.com

7 comments:

Jordan said...

I was just missing "Texans and Hoosier" posts today...definitely figured that "UnbelievaBow" was the culprit! On that note, CONGRATULATIONS on getting your website up and running. It looks so professional and the bows great! I wish I had a niece to order some for...perhaps in the future!

It was so good to be with you, Adaryll, and the fam in OK City. thanks for taking time to meet up with us!

Have a blessed week, Jen. Thanks for your post.

Cathy said...

Really makes me wish I had girls. So Cute!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad it's up and running! Looks great! Let me know if and when you start making bows attached to hairbands.

lissie said...

the site looks wonderful! if i were a bow wearer, i'd choose autumn flowers.
speaking of...how did you come up with all the names for the bows? it seems like that would be awesome and agonizing all at once. =)

amypfan said...

Website looks great! Makes me kind of nostalgic for making bows in your kitchen around knitting needles. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Bow-maker and fellow blogger, huh? I was trying to access your website today to order a couple HCCSA bows for my volleyball player and her number one cheerleader (li'l sis), but couldn't get it to come up. Can you help me?

Lynda Logan

Lynda Logan said...

Hi,

Bow-maker and fellow blogger, huh? I was trying to access your website today to order a couple HCCSA bows for my volleyball player and her number one cheerleader (li'l sis), but couldn't get it to come up. Can you help me?