Saturday, June 27, 2009

Onward and Upward

Disclaimer: This post is way overdue.
Elias has graduated from kindergarten! Yay, Elias! Boo-hoo-hoo, Mommy. Not that I'm not excited for first grade- I really am looking forward to it! And it isn't really the kind of sadness coming from "awe, my little baby boy is growing up" either. It was just SUCH a good year. And it's over. I feel like it will be hard to top.
Elias had the most wonderful teacher for kinder, and she has become a pretty close family friend. She and I get along really well, she's obviously great with the kids, and she tolerates Adaryll's made-for-shock-value comments surprisingly well. I just kind-of feel like she is irreplaceable.
So, in that way, I just feel like it is the "end of an era". And it makes me sad.
On the other hand, I am completely looking forward to first grade and the teacher Elias is going to have. I know it will be different, but I also know it will be God's best. Another season to be excited about.
Here are some pics and videos from the Kindergarten graduation as well as the Knight of Celebration the week before when each child was honored with an academic and character award. Elias received the Bible Memory award (I think he has more verses memorized at 6 than I do at 32. No, I know he does.) and the Dependability award. I am so proud of him!

Elias, Ms. Horvath, and Kelii (who also is Ms. Horvath's nephew)

Elias getting ready for the ceremony

"Cheese!"

The Three Musketeers: Holloway, Elias, and Calloway


"I am a Possibility"

Yes, son. Yes you are!

1 comment:

lissie said...

you better believe i'm irreplaceable! haha

thanks for the praise. i love you guys, too, and am sad that the year had to end. we had a such a great class.

true, it's the end of an era for school but not for us. it's just the beginning!
=)