Sunday, May 3, 2009

TTU + UT = ???

Ok, so everyone out there knows how we at the Jordan house feel about the UT Longhorns. The problem with how we feel is that we live in Austin, TX now. And there aren't many here who would agree with us. :) I don't remember if I told yall, but when Texas Tech beat UT in football last year, Elias made the Texas Tech guns up with one hand and the UT Longhorn with the other hand. Then he pointed the Texas Tech gun at the UT Longhorn and shot it. The UT Longhorn hand fell over dead. Adaryll and I have had few prouder moments. :) We quickly told him to never, ever do that out in public in Austin though.
So, the thing about raising kids here is that they make friends. With kids of UT fans. Surprisingly, we have found that there actually are some cool UT people out there. (I know, I can't believe I just wrote that either.) But some of our newest, closest friends have ended up being Longhorns. So, do you all know the signs for the TT gun and the UT Longhorn? Adaryll and I realized that if you put them both together, you get the ASL sign for Love. Who knew? And with that word, I leave you with pictures of what some would consider child abuse, but we are learning to embrace in our new, burnt-orange culture....








2 comments:

The Partin's said...

That makes me cringe b/c I could totally see my Gator children making friends w/kids of Seminole fans or even worse Ga Bulldog fans, for shame!!!

Les said...

That's great! I'm so glad that you have found Longhorn fans to not be as bad as you thought. I actually had to do the same thing... being raised an Aggie before meeting and marrying a Longhorn- and then graduating from UT. It took me a good year at UT before I finally felt like a Longhorn. I'm not asking you to do the same though. ;)