Sunday, May 3, 2009

Golden Tooth

Ok, I know I have gone a little overboard trying to catch-up-post today. But if I don't get this one down now, I know I will forget it. And that would be sad.
Between the two Jordan boys, we have had all kids of dental drama in the last few weeks. Elias lost both of his top front teeth (with no sign whatsoever of the permanent ones coming anytime soon), and Adaryll had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted Monday. Just that word- extracted- gives me the heebie-geebies. yuck. That's a whole other post! Anyway, because of all of that, teeth have been a hot topic at the Jordan house for a while.
Today, on the way home from church, we had a conversation that went something like this:
Elena: When I get home, I want some canty. (Elena-ese for candy)
Mommy: No. No candy today.
Elena: Why not?
Mommy: Because you had that candy at church.
Elias: What candy?
Mommy: (man these kids should be lawyers!) That mint you both had at the welcome center. (ok, it wasn't exactly candy, but whatever)
Elias: oh yeah.
Elena: I want more candy.
Mommy: Do you know what happens when you eat too much candy?
Elias: Yes. You get cranky it isn't good for your body.
Mommy: And what happens to your teeth?
Elena: (listening intently)
Elias: Well, you get cavities.
Mommy: Right, and then they get rotten and fall out.
Elena: And then you have to go to the doctor!
Elias: And then you have to get fake, GOLD teeth!
Elena: YAH!! And you get to have PRINCESS TEETH! And it will be SOOOO PRETTY!

hmm, not exactly where I planned on that going.....

3 comments:

The Partin's said...

HAHAHA!!! Too cute!

carter family said...

We might need to work on Elena's version of what princess teeth are. I can add that to my resume though, I make "princess teeth" when the bad teeth come out.

Jennifer said...

Ha ha! Holloway's permanent top tooth hasn't started growing in and he lost that tooth a couple of months ago. He's about to lose the second top tooth...we'll have to get a picture of them together with their top teeth missing