Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Life Back to Normal?

What is normal anyway?! I'm not sure, but I can tell you that our last couple of weeks has not been it!
It all started with Adaryll having stomach pains on a Friday (but not mentioning it to me until Sunday!) He ended up at his doctor on Monday, and by this time he was doubled over and had a fever. He was sent to the hospital ER where, after lots of morphine and tests, he was diagnosed with an infection from diverticulitis. We were relieved it wasn't his appendix, but this is not really a great thing to have either. So they started IV antibiotic and kept him for a day. He is doing MUCH better now- I would say he is pretty much back to 100% except for energy level- and is continuing his antibiotics another few days.
In the midst of all of this, Elena decided to cut a tooth! She has had 8 teeth for what seems like forever, and I was beginning to wonder if there were actually any more teeth in there! Cutting a tooth is never fun, and we have still have 11 more to go including her 2 year molars! Kind of wish she would cut 8 at a time like Elias did- it was awful for a couple of weeks, but then we were done for the year!
Last weekend I hosted a baby shower for some dear friends of ours who are expecing their first baby (see Neil & Amy on friends list), and Adaryll performed a wedding in his drug-induced state the same day. Other weekends in October are booked with Elias' birthday party, my Dad visiting, TPCC staff picnic, and several other fun things.
So when will things get back to normal?! I'm not sure they ever will- or that they ever were for that matter! I keep thinking about all the friends who we would like to get together with and how I have told myself that we would "when things slow down". Well, friends, we had better just start setting dates and getting things on the calendar, because I don't think that life with a 15 month old and an almost 5 year old ever really does that!

3 comments:

Jackson said...

I knew something had to be going on... you hadn't returned my email and there weren't any new blogs!! Call me... Sam and the boys are oot!!
Love you tons... A

amypfan said...

Phew! And I thought my life was crazy. :) I'm officially done teaching now and am anxious to reconnect with my real life! Want to come over and play on the swingset?? Bryn has been very anxious to see her friend Elias!

Matt said...

Glad to know that though it may not feel "normal" everyone is healthy. Thanks for the e-mail I'll be intouch soon with you. We love ya'll!-myra