Thursday, August 2, 2007

Seriously, I thought I was Smarter Than This...

Ok, I have been trying to install a new printer on our computer for around 4 hours now- is something wrong here??? I followed all the instructions to the tee, and it did not work right. My computer saw no new printer, but thought the old one was somewhere in outer space and was concerned enough to keep telling me that "the connection to your HP printer (old printer) has been lost". UGH! I decided to uninstall the old printer and the new one and start over. Still no new printer. I spent an hour on the phone with the support guy (who had a heavy accent- I seem to always get the guys with the heavy accents- I am coming to think the most brilliant people must have heavy accents, thus why I am not a brilliant person when it comes to these things, right?). So after an hour he decides to transfer me to a Level Two person. And, while on hold for this guy, my cordless phone dies. To quote the main character in the books I am reading- "Is there no balm in Gilead?!?!". So I try to call back and then it is after 6:00 in CA and they are no longer answering phones. I then think "maybe it is just the USB cord" and proceed to uninstall and reinstall it all once again using a different cord AND (did I say I wasn't brilliant???) also a different USB port. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And I am about mad enough now to just throw the whole thing across the room!!! UGH! Could it be that God is trying to teach me a lesson in humility? Or patience? Or maybe it is just proof of what our dear friend Tommy Nelson jokingly says- that computers are of the devil.
So, please, nobody email me anything I might want to print...

No comments: