Monday, February 23, 2009

Unloading

I have had this sinking feeling for several weeks every time I do laundry. It is like a guilt-ridden sickness in my stomach. Because we have so much. Seriously, I think to myself, "How can we POSSIBLY have this many dirty clothes, PLUS all of these clean ones that are waiting to be put away from the last time I did laundry, AND STILL have a closet full of clothes in each of our rooms?!?!?! Part of the answer is that I have totally slacked on keeping the kids closets cleaned out to just the size they are wearing, so they each had a lot of clothes in there that were too small. But a HUGE part of it is that we just plain have waaaaaay too much! I mean, really, even if you wear all of your t-shirts and like all of them, how many can you possibly actually need? 5 maybe? 10 to be generous? Anything more than that seems like a complete waste to me. It's not like we don't have a washer and dryer right downstairs!!!
Aaaaaaaah. That was a big, giant exhale. Because that feeling I would get when doing laundry actually carried over into some action. Which led to MUCH purging of the wardrobes. And I think it is pretty much done. Again, I just sit back and think about all the clothes I just got rid of, and I STILL can't believe how much is left in all the closets!!!
And then that led to cleaning out the playroom. Wow, I am completely ashamed to tell you how much I got rid of (a giant LAWN bag full!!!), because if you came over and saw how many toys we STILL have, you would think badly of me for actually having had MORE!!!
Anyway, I am glad I got that whole process out of my system. Now I can breathe.

1 comment:

McCullough Family said...

There must be something in the air because I feel the same way! I've been working on purging for the last few weeks (which is why part of our office is still lined up in our hall way!). I threw away ALL my college & grad school notes/books etc. My problem is that I just can't seem to complete the purging in 1 day...my spring cleaning is taking me weeks!