Monday, February 9, 2009

Explanation for Lissie :)

In an effort to help my friend (and Elias' Kindergarten teacher) on her quest of having blog posts named after her, I thought I would write about something funny that happened last week. Something so funny that, when it happened, I looked at Adaryll and said, "Oh, that is SO going on the blog!" I kind of forgot about it until I read Elias' version on Lissie's Blog. And now, an explanation is definitely required.
One night last week, as Elias was getting his pajamas on, it became apparant to both Adaryll and me that he was stalling. He was moving ridiculously slow and watching t.v. out the corner of his eye in our room. Adaryll told him to get his pajamas on.
In that 6-year-old-boy, I-know-everything-and-can-do-no-wrong voice, he answered, "I AAAAAAAM!" It was not quite the tone or the volume acceptable to Jordan parents. :)
So, Adaryll asked, "Did you just yell at me?"
Elias answered yes.
So, Adaryll (joking) says, "Well, then come over here and I am going to give you a spanking."
Apparantly Elias didn't get the joke. He immediately starts crying and pulls down the pajama pants that have now taken 7 or 8 minutes to get on. He pathetically walks, barebutt now, over to our bed where both Adaryll and I are sitting. Adaryll and I both start to laugh.
Elias looks at us confused.
I say, "Elias, Daddy is not going to spank you."
Through giant tears, Elias begins to laugh HYSTARICALLY. I can't even begin to explain to you how funny this scene was. All of us laughing and Elias crying at the same time.
Adaryll turns to me and says, "Well now, that is not in the parenting books..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha
that's great!! i can picture the whole thing...bare butt, tears, blinking, laughing. i love it.
thanks for getting it up and for honoring me with a title. yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I can't get into my school email from my iPod so I can't email you. Could you ask Elias for some questions for Cory and email them to me? I meant to ask the class for some today but completely forgot. You could ask some too and have a parent get in on it! =)
thanks!!!